The New Zealand Football Foundation is a registered charity, created to raise funds for the development of football in New Zealand.
New Zealand Football established the Foundation by contributing $4 million resulting from the participation in the 2010 World Cup.
The Foundation is committed to prudent investment and in partnering with skilled advisors to provide investment assistance as well as day-to-day fund management. The Foundation also provides benefactors and fans with the opportunity to contribute financially to the growth of football in New Zealand.
We're proud to have captain and central defender, Ryan Nelsen as the patron the Foundation.
Ryan is an exemplary ambassador for football in general and New Zealand football in particular. One of the Foundation's goals is to help more players with Ryan's talent, character and generosity of spirit take New Zealand football to the world stage.
The New Zealand Football Foundation's goal is to provide on-going funding to support the growth of football in New Zealand and build on the success of the 2010 World Cup. In particular it aims to;
- Advance education through training and participation in sport
- Improve or provide sports and recreational facilities for all members of the public
- Promote public health through the education of health benefits of sport and physical exercise
- Promote the teaching of football to youthaward
- Scholarships and grants to reward and encourage achievement and excellence